Product: Benchmark Email
Overall Ranking: 95/100
Price: Free up to 2,000 list size and/or 14,000 sends/month
Owners: Benchmark Internet Group
I have read a lot of AutoResponder reviews of late and, at least for now, have decided that Benchmark Email best fits my own needs at this stage. That does not necessarily mean it’s the best email autoresponder on the market or the best for your purposes. But why not begin with a free e-mail autoresponder? Read on, and I’ll explain my own rationale.
For some time, I had been paying a monthly fee for an AutoResponder, but was not receiving sufficient income to cover that expense. I’m not averse to paying for such a service. I simply needed time to build my list to the point where it makes sense to pay.
- Service is free until you reach a certain volume or list size, rather than just for 30 days.
- Dashboard makes it easy to find all essential functions.
- Service is a full package, including mail lists, subscription forms, full automation, RSS based emails, time or date triggered series of emails, and broadcast emails. (Other free or basic packages omit key services.)
- Free service also includes surveys, polls, list segmenting, tracking, and reports.
- Editor includes a wide variety of templates and color schemes.
- Service can grow with you as your list expands.
- Paid plans include unlimited sends and many price points, so you don’t have to make huge jumps in pricing as your list expands.
- The free service does not include full A/B testing, though it does include A/B testing for Subject Lines. (Then again, some experts suggest waiting with A/B testing till your list reaches 10K.)
- Drag and drop editor has some limitations in formatting forms. However, you can access raw HTML and edit them if you have that skill set.
- Does not appear to allow turning off double opt-in.
- Their terms of service specifically exclude “work from home” websites without giving an explicit definition of what that means. (I’ve encountered a couple website owners who were bumped off the service for this reason.
WHO IS IT FOR?
An AutoResponder is an essential tool for email marketing today. Pricing plans on the Benchmark website go up to a list size of 100K; so they are not just for those at an entry level. What I appreciate, however, is that they are open to serving those who are just beginning to build their lists.
For those ready to dig in deeper, they provide a library of over 40 video tutorials, plus an extensive knowledge base of FAQs and articles.
Service and support is free and available 24/7 by call, chat, or e-mail. By contrast, most free or inexpensive services are severely lacking in support.
Free up to email list size of 2,000 and/or 14,000 sends per month. Paid plans with unlimited sends begin at $11.95/month for a list size of up to 600.
Benchmark Email fills a vitally important niche in the AutoResponder market. I encourage you to check out their service today.
Please feel free to add your own experiences, comments, and questions below.