Product: Amazon Associates
Overall Ranking: 85/100
Price: Absolutely Free
Amazon is the largest affiliate marketing program online. Still, many ask if using Amazon Associates is worth the trouble due to their low commission rates. As you will see, there are more factors to be considered.
- Customers may buy multiple items at a time and, if they come to Amazon via your link, you get credit for all purchases.
- Amazon has designed their product to be very simple to use and integrate with a variety of marketing platforms.
- Amazon offers a variety of discounts and promotions.
- Product images are easily available.
- Amazon is a trusted brand; no one worries about Amazon being a scam.
- Probably for that reason, Amazon has a higher conversion rate than average.
- Amazon is known for excellent customer service.
- Very easy for users to search and find products.
- Through Amazon Smile, Amazon donates .5% of purchases to the non-profit of your choice.
- Amazon provides page links, widgets, banner ads, rotating banners, and even the opportunity to build your own aStore.
- Amazon carries a wide variety of products; it’s the biggest department store in town!
- Amazon provides excellent reporting with a wide variety of options for analysis, including multiple tracking codes.
- Amazon has a good reputation for being above board and dependable in the business practices.
- Commissions begin at 4%; however, they may increase up to 8.5% depending on what type of product and volume of sales.
- In general, you will not be selling products which provide monthly recurring revenue.
- It’s easy to get banned from Amazon by engaging in shady practices or not following the service agreement.
- Amazon does not provide a platform specific step-by-step training program.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Anyone who would like to promote Amazon products via their website, e-mail marketing, pay per click advertising, or other online marketing methods.
Amazon offers copious documentation to answer your questions. They provide articles on website development, choosing products to promote, and search engine marketing, as well as several tools to assist their associates. However, they do not offer a specific training program.
Amazon has a great reputation for its support network. They provide extensive and well-indexed information for their associates. However, they do not provide direct chat, phone support, a search function for their help articles, or an e-mail address for questions.
Amazon Associates is a major player in the affiliate marketing business. Certainly if you are reviewing any products offered on Amazon, it will be worth your while to consider using Amazon as part of your internet marketing strategy. I personally recommend the Amazon Associate program, especially if it is used in conjunction with an excellent training and support network such as Wealthy Affiliate. The following chart shows how well Wealthy Affiliate complements the Amazon program.